What is Univative?
Univative is a unique inter-university, inter-disciplinary student competition where university student teams devise innovative solutions to genuine problems posed by industries and communities.
Univative is held once a year for four weeks during the students’ winter break (June/July).
How does it work?
Each Project Host outlines a project brief that reflects an actual need of the organisation. Each Project Host is assigned at least three student teams from three different universities. The teams have four weeks to work on the project, devise a solution, and deliver a final report and presentation video to the Project Host. A panel of judges appointed by each Project Host will select the winner and may provide an optional award to the team.
In 2021, 8 Australian universities, 17 project hosts and 300+ students participated.
Univative 2021 is supported by NAGCAS, Australia’s peak professional body for career development in the higher and tertiary education sectors, and proudly counts IBM as its chief technology partner.
Why get involved?
– Address your organisational needs with low cost, innovative solutions
– Contribute to your organisation’s Corporate Social responsibility initiatives
– Achieve high brand visibility and promotion through program participation and engagement opportunities
– Access high-calibre, motivated students from multiple universities for potential recruitment
– Network with a diverse range of industry hosts and participating universities
Univative is a fee-free program – Project Hosts do not pay to participate.
Participation is open to any organisation in the public, private or community sectors, prepared to accept and commit to the Univative guidelines, and can present a suitable project for student teams to pursue. If you are interested in hosting a project in 2022, please reach out to us at email@example.com